Welcome to the Institute of Archaeologists of Ireland (IAI) website.
The IAI is the representative organisation for all archaeologists throughout the island of Ireland. Membership of IAI is open to professional archaeologists working in either jurisdiction within Ireland. Applicants should send a completed application form and a copy of an up-to-date curriculum vitae to our office.
The aim of IAI, through the representation of our members, is to advance and strengthen the profession of archaeology in Ireland. Our vision is that we will have a vibrant and sustainable archaeological profession that actively contributes to the protection of our archaeological resource, which in turn contributes to the social and economic wellbeing of the entire community. To achieve our aim and vision, we are committed to a range of long term measures, including:
- The implementation of our 3-Year Plan 2012-2015
- Promotion and development of the IAI Codes of Professional Conduct
- Facilitating the Continuous Professional Development of our members
- Active engagement with all the stakeholders involved in the management and protection of our archaeological resource
- Increasing public awareness and understanding of our Archaeological heritage
I hope that you enjoy the website and that find the information contained here useful and informative.
- Medieval and post medieval pottery from archaeological sites 25 October 2014
- Contributions are invited for the winter 2014 edition of the IAI newsletter
- Discovering the Archaeologists of Europe 2012–14
- Rules and guidelines for the establishment and administration of regional branches of the Institute of Archaeologists of Ireland, Limited
- Standing orders for General Meetings and Ordinary Meetings of the Institute of Archaeologists of Ireland, Limited